The Monongalia County Development Authority and Morgantown Area Economic Partnership are two entities that make up the Morgantown Area Partnership. Both work together to help new and existing businesses in such areas as capital financing, tax incentives, employee recruitment and training, sites and buildings, international trade, and community and economic data.
- creating effective public and private development partnerships;
- leading efforts to expand and retain our existing businesses;
- developing commercial and industrial sites through strategic planning and targeted investment that supports infrastructure growth and quality of life throughout the region;
- aggressively marketing the region as a smart choice for new business locations; and
- providing access to capital and technical assistance for projects which clearly advance our purpose.
Monongalia County Development Authority
The Monongalia County Development Authority (MCDA) is an arm of county government whose purpose is to promote, develop and advance the business prosperity and economic welfare of Monongalia County. The Monongalia County Commission makes those appointments to the board of directors that are not already set forth by State enabling legislation.
Morgantown Area Economic Partnership
Morgantown Area Economic Partnership (MAEP) is a nonprofit, public-private sector partnership that provides development assistance to the business community of Monongalia and Preston counties. Operating under the direction of a board of directors, this economic development partnership includes representatives from local government, the Monongalia and Preston County Economic Development Authorities, the Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce, West Virginia University, as well as local banks, utilities, and businesses.