Monongalia & Preston County Day at the Legislature
- A Welcome Reception will be held the evening before on Wednesday 2/2 from 7-9pm. (must provide own transportation/lodging).
- (Transportation Option) to save your seat on the bus leaving from the Mountain Line Depot at 6:00 am on Thursday 2/3, or arrange your own transportation. Upon your arrival at the Capitol, please be prepared to clear a security checkpoint.
- Buckwheat Cake Breakfast will be provided from 8:00 am to 10:30 am.
- From 10:30 am until 12:00 pm we aim to have small group interactions with local Legislators and committees.
- Lunch will be provided from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm.
- From 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm there will be available to time to meet with local Legislators and committees.
- The bus is set to leave Charleston promptly at 4:00 pm.
If any individuals have specific concerns we ask that you contact our VP of Chamber Services, Anna McCarty Carrier at the information below.
The bus from Morgantown will leave from the upper gravel lot at the Mountain Line Bus Depot located at 420 DuPont Road, Morgantown WV, 26501 (Westover) at 6:00 am. Parking will be free in this lot area. For those taking their own transportation to the Capitol, we will meet at the Capitol starting at 8:00 am.
Display tables are available at the Capitol, but will be limited to eighteen (18). We ask if you are interested to contact us immediately as these opportunities are limited.
This is a free event. Please RSVP so we can have a headcount for the bus and meeting space arrangements. Online registration will close 2/2 @ 3:00pm
This event will observe Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and any state and local health department guidelines for reducing the spread of COVID-19.